- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 8 very thin lemon slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms; and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with parsley.