- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light coconut milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 24 slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- Cooking spray
- 24 cucumber slices
- 4 lime wedges
How to Make It
Combine 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Bring remaining 2 tablespoons coconut milk, 1/3 cup water, almond butter, hoisin, and Sriracha to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon juice.
Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces onto each of 8 (8-inch) skewers. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with sauce, cucumber, and lime wedges.